The Cooperative shall actively strive to develop a diverse Steering Committee that reflects the community it serves in regards to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, religion, language, and gender.
- Provide assistance to steering committee members in determining suitable meeting locations, times, and developing best practices that maximize accessibility to safe spaces and welcoming environments for community participation.
- Develop, implement and monitor programs that promote diversity within the organization as it grows its member base.
- Assist in the development of training and onboarding initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment.
- Work across Steering Committee and sub-committees to ensure inclusion.
- Candidates must demonstrate diversity proficiency appropriately to meet both individual differences and group differences.
- An awareness of barriers to participation, and knowledge of best practices in promoting organizational equity and inclusion.
- Being a strong communicator, leader and having interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual communicator, Spanish-English preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to bridge gaps across diverse groups.