- Work closely with committee and subcommittee members to develop and implement engagement and outreach strategies as related to Cooperative Stakeholder initiatives.
- Inform or solicit community feedback in the creation of shareable content (webinars, infographics, press releases, radio interviews, etc.)
- Provide public relations strategy and materials to develop clear, concise, targeted, and consistent messaging about the center and programming with other stakeholders and members.
- Assist in drafting of proposals for awareness campaigns, planning community outreach events.
- Committee member must be able to articulately engage with all types of media, public officials and leadership from both non-governmental organizations and the co-op business community.
- Preferred DC resident or business owner— familiarity with local community strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience engaging with diverse audiences – including culturally and intergenerationally.
- A willingness to learn online tools for communication.
- Be open to adopting digital tools insofar as it is beneficial to the committee member(s).
- Excellent “soft skills” and customer service experience is required to facilitate constructive, collaborative, and outcome-oriented subcommittee meetings – encouraging and openly soliciting contributions from all stakeholders in attendance.
- A strong advocate and active supporter of local community-based engagement activities and learning opportunities.
- Diligent and responsive to public or internal inquiries and issues.