The governance practitioners responsibilities and duties shall cover the following spectrum of activity.
- Planning for and organizing a Board Election
- Governance, risk management and compliance policy and practice:
- Advising directors and officers on director duties, the organization’s constitution, and other regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Advising the board (or governing body) on governance principles and the implementation of governance programs and risk management frameworks.
- Developing, implementing, communicating and maintaining governance, risk and compliance policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintaining the corporate structure, including subsidiaries and associated administration.
- Strategy and board management-administration:
- Carrying out the instructions of the board (or governing body).
- Implementing the Cooperative strategy (especially giving effect to board decisions).
- Monitoring compliance by management with standing delegations from the board (or governing body) and reporting any breaches.
- Ensuring corporate accountability by communicating with the organization’s stakeholders and broader community.
- Ensuring effective information flows within the board (or governing body) and with and between board committees, and between non-executive directors and management.
- Acting as a conduit between members (especially major and institutional funding bodies) and non-executive directors.
- Managing board and committee administration.
- Preparing minutes and meetings (for example annual general meetings, other general meetings, director and committee meetings).